Monday, November 12, 2007

Fixing the HP-41CV - IV : More HP calculator stuff from the past recovered

After got back the HP-41CV in as good as new condition I got motivated to dig into the old stuff stored away at my parents place to see what else could be found from the good old days. After this time's digging my HP inventory (not counting the 35s) is:

Machines

One working HP-41CV (thanks to FixThatCalc).

One not working HP-29C (details at the end of this blog entry) with manuals (in Swedish).

HP-41 manuals

Instruktionsbok Och Programmeringshandledning - The instruction and programming manual in Swedish! Apperently they did not bother to do a translation to Norwegian!

Hur man använder kalkulatorer från HP - Small booklet explaining the RPN paradigm, also in sweedish.

HP-41C Standard Applications

HP-41 accessories

Modules:
  • Math I, with manual, quick reference card and keyboard overlays.
  • X Functions, manual missing.
  • Games, with manual and keyboard overlays.
A card reader (with (in swedish ofcourse!) manual) that propably is not working that great anymore (details at the end of this blog entry).

Miscellaneous

A module holder with my two missing port 'protectors' :-)

Keyboard layovers for the modules AND two blank ones and one unidentified one!

Comments

I know I got magnetic cards laying around somewhere so I would be interesting in using the card reader. Actual found some cards that I remembered put aside because damaged. However, still the way reader behaved on them may suggest it is suffering from old age (that and the fact they usual do). The good news (yep been chating with FixThatCalc) is that it can fixed, may very well soon be another package on it's way...

The 29C sadly is not for any practical reasons repairable I have been assured. It look brand new (did not have a long and active life), it may have a future as spare parts!

It bugs me that manual for the X functions is missing. I never got much time to play around with those and there is some I would like to utilize in my nowadays programming. Well, it may still turn up and anyway eventual I am going to get the museum's dvd set which includes the manual.

No comments: